An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Divine Miss M


Madelynn is such a smart little girl but she does have a rough time. I think she just hasn't figured out her place in life yet.

The oldest & the middle child at the same time. She's having lots of little rough patches at the moment and I just don't know what to do with her. Her speech problem is getting better but she is still hard to understand. She bites her nails and toenails until they bleed sometimes. She chews her hair and her toilet training seems to have hit the skids. She's so ready to go to preschool but we are still waiting for them to call and say she can come. She needs more than I can give her at home. Aidan takes up so much of my time and energy that sometimes there is nothing left for her. I'm sure her little rough patches have to do with that. She just wants my time and attention and I try to give her all I can but I just can't help if wonder how I can do better.

Today, I had been dealing with Aidan and when I was finished I walked around the corner to find her sleeping on the edge of the couch. I knew Sponge Bob could put someone to sleep, ha!

Only once before has she ever fallen asleep in her tracks like this doesn't she look divine? The Divine Miss M....captured on film once again.

My favorite song that reminds me of my little Madelynn.

In My Daughter's Eyes
by Martina McBride


In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about


It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

I love that song, it is so beautiful! Of course I don't have a daughter, but I AM a daughter and the words are so precious.

It must be tough to watch your little girl going through those rough patches, but she is lucky to have a mommy who cares about her as much as you obviously do :-)

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Christi said...

Michelle - she'll be fine. She must just be at the age like most are now. I think you will find the preschool/kindy will help tremendously! I know it has with Kamryn. Things we take for granted are reinforced there. Plus she will have time to be here without you being around. I know Kamryn is probably a different child at daycare to when she is home. She's with kids her own age so who knows what they get up to!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Julia said...

In that picture she looks so very much like you that it took my breath away....

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Julia:

You think? Sometimes I thinks he really looks like Brendon

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Well, in this particular pic she looks like you.

LOL.... I remember looking in on you after you had been working extra hours at KEKB.... you wold be dead to the world.. and looking just like that..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home