An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Mr. Busy Boy


I'd always heard that boys were into everything. I have two adorable nephews with a very colorful childhood, but I didn't really think it was just the fact they were boys. I just figured it had more to do with who they were a by-product of.

I had my first child who I thought was quite "busy" and you could never take your eyes off her. I was wondering how could anyone one little person be so busy...then Aidan came along. Holy cow this boy is just so full of it!! Yesterday I kept tabs on what he did

7:45 am--Wake up

8:00 am--Told to get down from the computer and get out of Mommy's room for about the 3rd time.

8:05 am--Rummage though the kitchen pantry and chatter away while Mommy makes breakfast

8:08 am--Bang on the bathroom door with something heavy and noise while Daddy is taking a shower. Daddy opens the door says "Thank you Little Man"

8:09 am--Rummaging in pantry once again and toddles off to Daddy.

8:11 am--back again and I notice what he's actually been up to. He's taking cans of beer to Daddy while in the shower.

8:15 am-- Breakfast

8:30 am-- Breakfast over and plays with a few toys

8:45 am--watches Blue's Clues

8:49 am--comes to Mommy to whine as wants to play with phone or the computer

8:55 am--figures out how climb up on Mommy's bed and gets stuck in the small side table on the bed. It's put there to stop him from using it to climb the bed.

9:15 am--Has figured out how to climb on the edge of the couch while hugging the wall to reach the light switch. Turns it on and off until I catch him and have to move the couch

9:20 am--finds play hammer and bangs on the glass windows. Hammer is confiscated

9:30 am--Manages to tear packing tape off the refriderator and climb in. He hangs on to door and swings back. Mommy gets new tape and closes door again.

9:35 am-- Gets busted trying to remove the tape from the oven door.

10:00 am--climbs into toy box to have a play and gives Mommy a break from chasing him.

10:20 am--climbs out of toybox and manages to get head stuck in the cat door

11:00 am--gets into the tv/vcr/dvd cabinet and starts unplugging stuff so Madelynn cannot watch Pocoyo

11:15 am--gets told off for turning tv on and off to annoy Madelynn

11:30 am--lunch

12:00 pm--lunch is over watch The Wiggles to calm down before nap time

12:25 pm--nap time!

2:45 pm--up from nap

3:00 pm--cat wakes up from nap and decides to chase cat and pull her tail. Luckily escapes another scratch as cat bolts out the cat door.

3:10 pm--helps himself to an apple in the cupboard and walks around biting it and spitting it out. Leaves trail of where he has been like breadcrumbs!

3:20 pm--gets caught after climbing the edge of the couch and trying to pull Mommy & Daddy's wedding portrait off the wall.

3:25 pm--finds way to bathroom and tastes the soap that Madelynn left out after washing hands.

3:45 pm--decides to vacumm so turns it on and is happy for about 10 mins.

4:15 pm-- getting grumpy

4:20 pm--gets caught playing with the heater (again)

4:30 pm-- put in they toy box by Mommy so she can get dinner ready.

4:45 pm--dinner time

5:20 pm--Daddy is home

5:30 pm-- play time with Daddy

6:00 pm-- bath time.

7:00 pm-- BED TIME!

If it weren't for good tv last night. Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Mommy would have gone to bed too. He is just exhausting trying to keep up with him. Ugh!

4 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

He sounds JUST like my boys!! At least your angel naps for 2 1/2 hours! I get 1-1 1/2 hours if I'm lucky.

Boys are just SOOOO different to girls. Like you, I never realised that it was a "boy" thing, I thought it was a "parenting" or "personality" thing. Um, wrong!

I'm totally going to write a list like that about my boys' days. And then scrapbook it. How fun would it be to look back on when they are older (& hopefully calmer)!

Oh, and I had to ROFL about him taking beer cans to Daddy in the shower!! LOL! Was Daddy actually drinking them??

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Christi said...

OMG, Michelle, you are just proving my point as to why I scared to have a boy. I don't reckon I could keep up, honestly!!! Somedays my girls get up to things but it's not EVERY day!!! And Hannah is right, you are at least getting a good nap out of him. Now I don't feel so bad if mine sleeps 3 hours lol. I want to know too, was Brendon drinking the beers???? Awful early in the morning, don't ya reckon lol!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL You know Christi, I used to always claim if I had a boy I would sell him. I just didn't want boys period! But the minute I held him it was just as sweet and holding my girl. He's so different from her and it's a great thing. Sometimes I just want to follow him to see what he will do he's so fun to watch. I would never be afraid to have boys again he's just that cool!

As for the beer, well Brendon didn't drink any but it was sure funny to walk into the bathroom later that morning and see 5 cans sitting next to the faucet. Anyone would think he's got a drinking problem. LOL

Hannah:

That will be a great page to scrap! I'd like to see how it turns out for you. Someday (fingers crossed we will have a big house and I can have my own room to do my own.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lara said...

yep boys are exhausting! What an awesome list - I must do that. Having two girls 19mos apart & then Ethan 14 mos later - I couldn't believe how different he is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home