An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Who's The Boss?


When you have a sibling you have to determine who is the boss. I remember bossing my baby brother, Michael around all the time. It lasted for about 5 minutes. He still doesn't listen to me either.

This morning Madelynn learned that little brothers don't always do as they are told....

I had asked Madelynn to get dressed. She went and picked out her pants, shirt and panties. She put it on the floor as she took off her pj top. Aidan (being the ever so helpful guy that he is) picked up her shirt and handed it to her. Trying to reinforce Madelynn's manners I said "Thank you Aidan" He turns to go on his merry little way. Madelynn quickly stomps her foot and yells "PANTS TOO!" Aidan stopped dead in his tracks and came back and picked up her pants and gave them to her. Once again he turned to go off and she screams "NO! Panties too Aidan!"

If looks could kill she would have been a gonner. He gave her the dirtiest look ever as if to say "Listen here girl, you can only push me so far and then I'm gonna snap!" He growled at her and (one of his new tricks) and went to watch tv.

I just about wet myself laughing during the whole scenario. I found it was interesting to watch because they were learning from this little situation. I think that is what I enjoyed most of all. This little development in their social skills etc... These two are both bull-headed a trait I'm afraid they picked up from the Marston side of the family. Oh no...history repeats itself yet again.

3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Christi said...

LOL! Sooooooooo funny! Lauryn hasn't really yet learned to not take the crap from her sister. Kamryn has tried the dirty clothes thing too. I make them each put their clothes in the basket but Kamryn quickly learned she can get Lauryn to do it. So she'll say 'Lauryn, come here and take these to the basket.' Lauryn will pick them up and leave something (her hands/arms are only so big!) and Kamryn goes 'come back here, you forgot something.' LOL, I'm like you do it, it's not her clothing lol.

PS: We call them panties too!!! I said underwear one day can Kamryn said 'I don't have underwear, I have panties, Mommy'.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Is funny eh! Sound like Lauryn is going to have to toughen up or she's gonna be Kamryn's little slave. Kids are great.

PS. Did you get my email re delivering my auction?

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

That's too funny! I think in our family it will be Tyler bossing Ethan around, LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home