An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Road To Wellville

So here we are coming up on 8 weeks this Wednesday since we first got sick as a family. The Gill's are on the Road to Wellville. (hopefully)

I swear in the last week that the two Dr's that we have taken Aidan too have been Dr. John Harvey Kellogg reincarnated. They act like I'm over-reacting because my baby has been vomiting. I'm sorry, I'm not. The 24 hour flu should be pretty close to that in my book, 24-48 hrs tops. Aidan however, has had this for 6 days now. He's still not eating right, throwing up and just basically unbearable to be around. I finally convinced the Dr yesterday to give him an another antibiotic for his right ear. I know they have years of medical training, but I know my baby!

8 weeks of miserable kids, adults and one fat cat. If this doesn't drive me to start drinking I don't know what will!

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Christi said...

I think also being American is another strike against us of the kids are sick. Cause ya know Americans are stereotypically 'overreactive'. I generally feel I have to watch it because of this. But good on you for getting some action and getting those kiddos on the road to feeling better.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

No way are you overreacting! I would probably take my baby to the doctor for a vomiting thing before 48h were up, because I feel it is better to be safe than sorry. They go on and on about meningitis and getting to a doctor quickly, but then they chastise you when you come! I used to have a doctor like that but I changed, and that has made all the difference. Can you find another doctor who is more understanding? I found female doctors with kids to be much more on the same level since they are mums themselves!
I'm glad you are on the road to recovery though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home