An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Exhaustion, frustration and the blahs...

Exhaustion:

I'm so constantly tired! I wake up after a night of uninterupted sleep and I feel like I need a nap. I know it's being pregnant but it's really starting to bug me. It doesn't help that I don't get a nap to rest in the afternoon either like my midwife suggests. Aidan isn't big on napping and if I can get him to sleep I have Madelynn to try to keep quiet. Then on days like today and yesterday when I have Madelynn being quiet watching a DVD she's never seen or at afternoon preschool. Aidan will take a small hour nap and then he's up just as I start to fall into a nap myself. Ugh! I just want some time to myself before this baby comes.

Frustration:

The weather! It's just been so crappy lately it's driving me nuts. We are supposed to have cooler temps and lots of wind thoughout the summer until Febrary all due to El Nino. If I didn't know better I swear I'm living in Wyoming it's so darn windy and miserable.

Also, I've just had it with Christmas shopping. I don't usually have a problem with this. I have it done by now and just avoid town as I hate the traffic etc. This year, I have everyone done except Caitlin. It's really getting to be a total stuggle to find anything for that child. The sad thing is, it shouldn't be. She is nearly 13 and she should be a breeze to buy for. Makeup, music and other crap. But NOOOOOOOOOO she's already got EVERYTHING thanks to her maternal side of the family. It's so bad, that last year even they were buying her things like smoothie makers and bed linen (so she had stuff to take with her when she moved out they said) WHAT? She's only 13!! So my battle continues.

Blahs:

Maybe it's that time of year I just don't know. I've never been one to really get depressed or anything at Christmas time. I've been away from my family for so many years now that it's not really an issue, I miss them and all but I don't feel depressed about it. So why does everything just make me feel "blah"? Hurry up Christmas holidays as I really could use Brendon home for a couple of weeks so I can have a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home