An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bloody cell phones!


Don't get me wrong I do like them, they are a fantastic invention and I cannot believe how far technology has come in the past years since I was first introduced to them when I was working in radio. Remember those brick phones? Today's phones fit in the palm of your hand amazing!

Why do they piss me off? Because people think they are more important than actually focusing on driving a car. I'm more peeved off at the drivers than the phones but if we didn't have them maybe we'd have less accidents on the roads.

Today on my way into Hamilton to visit the doctor (FYI, I'm sick again this time a sinus infection oh my stars does it hurt!) I was just trying to go the speed limit and I came upon 3 cars that I had to pass. What were they all doing? They were ALL talking on their bloody cell phone! That just really gets up my nose. This was just along the main highway to get to Hamilton. When I did get into Hamilton at about 3:10 it was the beginning of rush hour traffic so streets were getting really busy and I passed 2 more idiots doing the same thing.

On the way back to Morrinsville I passed a fellow who had pulled over on the side of the road and I glanced to notice he was talking on his cell phone. He must be the only person in the Waikato region to have a brain.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, Michelle! It bugs the heck out of me, too. Having to drive to and from work (30 min each way) 4 days/week I get to see a LOT of this crap! People are just lazy, that's what it boils down to. Seldom is something SO urgent that you can't wait for a few minutes until you can pull over. It really is crazy behaviour!!

P.S. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't well. Sinus infections are NOT fun, I had 2 during the winter and they were horrid. I hope you've got some good drugs now to help clear it up!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger gr said...

The thing I hate about phones is they pack 6.2 megapixel video cameras into every phone now...but can't put in an antenna that will get good reception for more than a mile at a time.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hahaha.

My husband and I refuse to have cell phones. If you need to reach me you can reach me at home. If I'm out of the house it's usually because I'm doing something with the family and I don't want to be bothered!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home