An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Friday, December 01, 2006

I just shake my head...

And laugh! This post is for all my old radio buddies and you all know who you are. Joy Lynn White, Stacy Dean Campbell, George Ducas, Larry Stewart, Pirates of the Mississippi. Remember these 90's artists? Pretty much one hit wonders. Well what makes me laugh so hard is country music is hard to find in these here parts. So if I want a new cd I either ask mom to ship it to me (god, I miss the days of free music from the record company!) or I find one on our local auction site Trademe.

This morning I was sifting through the new daily listings for the country music and found these artists. All the cd's on offer were their debut albums and the person selling them stated they were all second hand and only Joy Lynn White was a new cd. Can you guess how much Joy Lynn was selling for? $29.95 plus postage! All these cd's would be in the bulk bargin bin at Hastings! LOL

But that's New Zealand for you, people want brand new prices for 2nd hand stuff. You'd all love the pawn shops here! (NOT)

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger gr said...

You don't hear from those arists anymore because they stunk...except Pirates of the Mississippi!

And what about BRYAN WHITE! And your old boyfriend TY HERNDON?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Baby!

Now you know I have not a clue about what happened to country music in the last 8 years I've been gone. You can't blame Ty and Bryan on me!

And you got it wrong, Bryan was my boyfriend and Ty was just the flame. Of course they came 2nd and 3rd after you! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home