An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nightmare at Wiggle Bay!


Madelynn talks in her sleep, something she inherited from me. Brendon just snores he's boring. Madelynn must be a pretty vivid dreamer because she's come up with some doozies lately!

Waking up calling "Mommy, Mommy!" I get there only to find out she wants her school bag or a piece of birthday cake.

The kids are starting to sleep better (knock on wood) and it's me that isn't as the frequent trips to the toilet have started. Last night I was just falling asleep again and Madelynn cried out. This time it was a pretty distressing cry too.

When I got there she was still asleep but tears were running down her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said "Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus and Magdalena are gone! They are missing!" I had to wake her up and explain it was only a dream and that they were safe at Wiggle Bay with the Wiggles. She didn't buy it so it took a bit more "waking" up until she realized that she was in her bed and she wasn't on Wiggle Bay. I asked her if she remembered her dream this morning and she says "No Mommy, I was asleep! I got a good chuckle though.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Awww, what a sweetie.

My oldest has night terrors and talks and walks in his sleep. I can handle the talking and walking but the night terrors are the worst. He looks like he's awake but he's not and he just screams and screams. Poor thing.

I understand about the more frequent bathroom trips too. I'm not that far along and they are starting already. Ugh!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Christi said...

Kamryn sits straight up and mumbles sometimes which kinda freaks me out. But we haven't had anything too bad. I can remember her waking and saying 'Mommy, mommy' and then something else but that was it lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home