An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Living with the Grinch


Every year Brendon does this to me, he ruins the gift that I bought him for Christmas. This year he's been wanting to get all the dvds of the British tv-series The Black Adder. Since I've known him he raves about this program. I sat and watched it once with him and just about died from lack of comedy. I just don't get British humor. That will be the American in me I know.

Anyway, he has the 1st 3 series and when he bought the last one I said no more, Christmas is coming. 2 weeks ago I found the 4th so I got it and hid it away. Today we go to the Warehouse and he heads straight to the damn dvds. By the time I got caught up to him he had it in his hand. "You're not getting that!" I said. "Why not?" he says. "Because we don't have the money and it's too close to Christmas". He tosses it in the shopping cart anyway. I pulled it back out and said "NO!" He then figures out..."Oh, you bought it for me already for Christmas!" Men sure know how to screw up Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, that just sucks!!!!! MEN!!! Just don't buy him anything else, it's his own fault for ruining it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home