An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's off my Christmas wish list.....



Dear Santa Claus,

Please send Cheerios!

Every year I add it to my Christmas wish list. Last year I must have been very good because last year Santa brought me 2 big boxes! (Thanks Jenean)

Usually with every box of items I request from home I ask for them, especially now that I've got kids. How can they grow up without them? Every baby needs them on their high-chair tray to snack on while Mommy gets dinner. They need to be in the diaper bag for emergency snacks. And a spare bowl in the van for long trips home when mommy has forgot to pack stuff.

Well no more shipping it from home now. Look what has arrived in New Zealand grocery stores! I'm gonna save tons of money on postage. Madelynn had 2 bowls for breakfast and I had one for breakfast and lunch!

It seems funny to not see them in a yellow box with the company General Mills. I found the press release for them online. I know I'm giving them free advertising but I don't care. I just want them to stay around.

Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 10:35 am
Press Release: NESTLE

Give Your Family Smiles All Round With Cheerios

- World famous breakfast cereal launches in New Zealand -

If you want to give your family a great start to their morning, you'll be pleased to hear CHEERIOS has now reached New Zealand. CHEERIOS is one of the worlds most popular breakfast cereals, with more than 13 million bowls eaten daily.*

With the goodness of four whole grains corn, oats, rice and wheat, plus the added goodness of barley, CHEERIOS is a breakfast cereal that the whole family will enjoy. CHEERIOS also contain a number of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals and are not high in sugar containing just one teaspoon per 30g serve.

Courtnay Brien, the New Zealand Business Manager for CHEERIOS says the company is pleased to offer New Zealand consumers a nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereal that already has worldwide appeal.

?We are excited about the launch of CHEERIOS into New Zealand providing consumers with a healthy all family cereal that provides the goodness of four whole grains, plus a great taste. New Zealanders love cereal, shown by our second highest per capita consumption of ready to eat cereal in the world. Combining the popularity of cereals, and their great taste, CHEERIOS are sure to be a hit!

So often breakfast time can be very stressful for busy families now CHEERIOS provide an alternative that caters to everyone's needs with the additional nutritional benefits, says Courtenay.

Look out for CHEERIOS in store now 375g box at $4.49 RRP** and 600g box at $6.99 RRP.

Have a tasty and yummy family breakfast with CHEERIOS and give your family morning smiles all round!

5 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Christi said...

I got my box yesterday!!! It's been sooooooo long since we've had Cheerios, probably since the American Cafe left nearly 2 years ago now or more! Kamryn loved them! With this box, Kamryn still quite enjoys them but Lauryn isn't too keen on them yet. I'm sure she will get there. I think it's a great cereal and love it for the kids for snacking! Now, what are my chances of Lucky Charms getting here lol!!!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Well, since Christi got me hooked on Kraft Easy Mac (eventually, LOL), I might have to try Cheerios!!

To be honest, we just sick with the one cereal in our house. WEETBIX. But we do make porridge at least twice a week.

My boys eat Ricies at their Nana's house, for a snack. Kind of like you were saying with Cheerios. I know lots of those snacky-type cereals have quite a bit of sugar, but Cheerios look like they are pretty healthy. Are they??

Lucky Charms - what the heck are they??

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Weetbix, that is just one breakfast that I cannot stand. The thought of eating a brick that looks like something I should be cleaning the sink with does it for me. LOL

Cheerios have much less sugar than most cereals. Whether they are healthier or I would guess so. I'd rather give them that than the milo, fruit loops or coco puffs stuff.

Lucky charms are sugar coated cereal with marshmallows in the mix.

Give Cheerios a try at least, I'm sure you'll be hooked too. We'll convert yout American consumerism before you know it! LOL

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Christi said...

Ok, I'm the bad mom that buys the sugary cereals lol. I buy them chocolate balls, honey balls and fruit rings. I can't stand cereal prices and the ones I buy are only $2.99 a box. I don't mind that they have it cause it's not an every day occurrance. Heck even if it was, I know my kids eat pretty darn healthy anyway. Sometimes we have cornflakes and noisy pops (Ricies). Kamryn loves oats (the Uncle Toby's flavored ones). They eat eggs on a regular basis for breakfast. And sometimes jam soldiers. So I think they get a decent variety.

Mmmmmmmmmm, yes give me some Lucky Charms pleeeeeeeeeease lol! Heck I will even take the Malt 'o Meal equivalent that is Marshmellow Mateys lol.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Christi,

You're not a bad mom!! If I were in the US these guys would have the sugar loaded cereals too, mostly because I want them.

But I just can't justify the price for them there so the only sugar coated ones they get are the budget coco pops.

Madelynn loves corn flakes and rice krispies. But she'll died a slow and painful death if I gave her oatmeal. LOL Aidan loves it and he loves weetbix only if I add brown sugar though.

Neither of my kids care for eggs very well. Although yesterday in our weekly Sunday cooked breakfast she ate 1/2 of homemade egg mcmuffin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home