An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Conspiracy Theory

Actually I think it's more than just a theory, they have a pact between them to torment Mommy as much as possible.

Those cute little faces are their only saving grace some days.

By the time I get these guys in bed at 7:00 p.m. I'm just exhausted and I do a few odd chores like load the dishwasher then head for the shower and bed myself.

Only do I just barely get maybe an hour or two before one of them is up. For the past couple of weeks it's been Aidan. Now the boy hasn't been well with the ear infection, stomach flu and the teething, not enjoyable but all understandable.
He gets up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night and it's not fun. Screaming and carrying on like we've tried to kill him. Meanwhile, Madelynn sleeps though all this.

Last night, Aidan woke once which I expected so I gave him something for the teething pain and he went back to bed and slept until 7:30 a.m. Very pleasant! Meanwhile since her brother is sleeping, Madelynn is up not 1, 2, 3, but 4 TIMES!! UGH!!!

First she was cold because she kicked off her blankets. Second time, she wanted her gloves on. Why? I don't know but I just put them on her and told her to go back to sleep. Third time was for a drink of water. She goes to bed with a cup that won't spill but she couldn't find it. Finally she woke up and wanted get this...Her school bag!

Now this is why I think they have some sort of pact between them to torment me as much as possible. If one sleeps the other doesn't. I hate to see what sort of deal they strike up with the new baby, heaven help me!

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Could it be the daylight savings change that is making her wake up more?? Ethan woke up twice last night, MOST unusual for him. He said his foot was sore. And he had dropped some of his toys.
I'm just wondering if their body clocks are a bit out of whack, so they are waking at odd times.
Whatever it is, I hope it stops for you because you sound like you need a decent break/rest!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home