An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Stressed out baby brain, not my finest hour

It sucks! I've usually be a pretty organized person. I know when things are supposed to be and I'm on time etc...But today was pretty stupid.

I had a midwife appointment scheduled for 10 am, October 10th. For weeks I've known this and for weeks I've been convinced it was the Monday that school holidays were over. So today we dropped off Madelynn and Brendon, Aidan and I head to Hamilton. Brendon had to have his stitched removed from his scalp and we got that done. We then went to the midwives place.

Brendon has not met our new midwife yet so it was a good opportunity and it was easier since we only had to deal with Aidan with us.

We arrived at 9:50am and waited, and waited, and waited. Only to find out we had been there 45 mins. No sign of our midwife anywhere. I just kept thinking that perhaps she was delivering another baby and her stand in would show at any minute.

No, then Brendon informed me that it today was the 9th of October and not the 10th. Talk about feeling like a complete idiot. Didn't help that "Mr. No-Patience" arrived and proceeded to chew me out and make me feel even lower than I already felt. So the tears were flowing for the entire 30 minutes it took us to get home. I just want to hide under a rock!

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Christi said...

Geesh, I do this on a regular basis! Shame on Brendon for not being more patient with his dear ole pregnant wife. And what happened to his scalp??? Did a frying pan attack him lol??? Hang in there, you are trying to juggle a husband, 2 children, kindy runs and a household!!! It's enough to drive anyone batty or at least enough to make someone forget things ;)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Don't worry, Michelle. Isn't it called "pregnancy brain" and it never goes away? That's what I always thought!
So how did the REAL appointment go yesterday?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

What is it about being preggo that turns momma's brains to complete mush??? It's insane!

I know it will all get better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home