An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

April 3rd, April 13th, April 23rd?


Go on pick a date and any of the above dates could be correct for my due date. Yep, had a visit with my midwife today and got all the above. Why? According to the scan we had they placed the baby's age younger by a week so the due date by scan is April 13th. Of course they will let you go 10 days over due before they start to induce so then it goes to April 23rd.

Of course the baby will come when it comes but ALL I can think about is Aidan and this baby sharing a birthday on the 11th. I just really don't want that to happen. Who wants to share a birthday with your sibling? I share one with my dad and that fine. I think it's cool, but if it's a sibling who gets all the attention? It's supposed to be "your" day.

Well my original due date is the 3rd and I'm sticking to that one. If I have to go and bounce on a trampoline this baby will be born by then.

As usual...this is all BRENDON'S fault.

(P.S. scan picture is not of my baby)

(P.P.S Thanks for all the name suggestions in the previous post, I just need to get Brendon to read them and see if anything stands out for him besides "Rufus")

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I think with all those dates to choose from, there is hardly ANY chance the baby will be born on Aidan's birthday. If that is any consolation!

At least you know it will probably be April ;-)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Christi said...

Would your midwife be willing to lie about the birth date lol???? I was soooooo worried I would have Lauryn on Halloween and was hoping to convince my midwife to put she was born on the 1st of November lol. I doubt they will have to share a birthday but I agree, it would suck to share with a sibling. But yes, you have quite an array of dates there so I'm sure you will miss ;) And surely you want to go earlier anyway, right???? OH, by the way, I am hoping to make it your way sometime before this baby is born too lol. Just don't quote me on when. I'm thinking maybe the end of Feb or beginning of March.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A couple of new baby names have come to me.

Bryan (I think you can figure out why...)

Rico Suave' ( A lot to live up to, but a unique name in New Zealand I would guess!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home