An American Housewife Down Under

The trials, tribulations and rantings of an American living in New Zealand.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Fisher-Price, we have a problem!

Neither one of my children are really "attached" to a lovey item. I've tried to get them so it was easier for bedtime but no real luck.

Aidan likes his blankie but only in bed. He does not drag it around, which is fine by me, because I remember my brother dragging 3 or 4 around at a time. Then of course he lost them and we found them the next spring buried in the garden. LOL

Enter Sammy, a Fisher-Price Puppy Pal that mom sent 2 years ago for Madelynn's 2nd birthday. Madelynn liked him, played with him from time to time. Each night she chooses something from the toys to sleep with. Most nights usually a different toy. Then about 6 months ago she started to pick him consistantly to sleep with at night.

Now Aidan has decided that he wants Sammy at bedtime and the fighting is pretty intense! We are trying the take turns each night but neither is having any part of that. Talk about a power trip if the other one wins Sammy for the night.

I sent Mom on a hunting expedition to Wal-mart to see if she could find another one. No such luck. She did find something similar in color. I showed Madelynn the picture and asked her if she wanted it. She of course said "yes, and then I will have that dog and Sammy Too!"

Also, if Sammy ventures out in the day the fights start then too. It's like "He who has Sammy rules the world".

I've searched ebay and found another puppy pal named Ari. Trying to decide if I should get that or not and try to end the fighting.

I know that kids fight over toys, but you should really see this at bedtime. It's making it a real hassle to get them settled. Who would have thought a stuffed dog? It's kind of funny but my sanity is at the brink since I'm not the most patient person at the moment right now.

Bull-headed children....another trait they inherited from Brendon of course. I'm not bull-headed at ALL!

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I do feel for you Michelle! We have lots of fight here when it comes to toys. We have since learned to buy 2 of some things. Especially since we've got 2 boys and they like the same stuff these days!
I hope you find another Sammy and that bedtime is less stressful for you guys soon!

PS. Maybe if you find them, you should buy 2 of them, so the new baby can have one as well ... just in case ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home